More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 5th edition with a publication date of 7/2/2010.
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Prepare with the Power of Classroom Practice. Complete Assignments and Activities to apply text content to real classroom situations. Authentic classroom video shows real teachers and students interacting, and helps prepare you for the classroom. Explore the Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions exercises to practice and strengthen the skills that are essential to teaching. Case studies offer real-life perspectives on common issues and challenges faced in the classroom. Authentic student and teacher classroom artifacts provide you with the actual types of materials encountered every day by teachers. To order this book WITH MyEducationLab, use either ISBN: ISBN-13: 9780131381186 ISBN-10: 0131381180
Table of Contents
- Looking at Play Through Teachers’ Eyes
- Play and Development: Theory
- Play as the Cornerstone of Development: The Literature
- Orchestrating Children’s Play: Setting the Stage
- Orchestrating Play: Interactions with Children
- Play as a Tool for Assessment
- Mathematics in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- Language, Literacy, and Play
- Science in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- The Arts in the Play-Centered Curriculum
- Play and Socialization
- Outdoor Play
- Play, Toys, and Technology
- Conclusions: Integrating Play, Development, and Practice