Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART I: JUSTICE, SOCIETY, AND POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
1. The Administration of Justice within a Free Society
2. Police Role Concept in a Changing Society
3. Police Community-Relations: An Overview
4. Public Relations and Community Relations: A Contrast
5. The Public and the Police: A Consortium of Communities
PART II: INTERNAL ISSUES THAT AFFECT POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
6. Relations with the Police Organization
7. Coping with the Human Experience of Being a Cop
8. The Communication Process
9. Police Discretion and Community Relations
10. Community-Oriented Policing
PART III: EXTERNAL ISSUES THAT IMPACT ON POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATIONS
11. Police-Community Relations and the Media
12. Special Populations and the Police
13. Community Relations in the Context of Culture
14. The Dilemmas of Dissent and Political Response
15. Conflict Management and Community Control
PART IV: THE FUTURE OF POLICE COMMUNITY RELATIONS
16. Community Participation in the New Millennium