from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS: DEVELOPMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT ORGANIZATIONS
1. History: Coming to America - Struggle and Transformation
2. Federal and State Agencies: Protecting our Borders
3. Police in Society: Organization and Administration of Municipal and County Agencies
II. PERSONNEL MATTERS: PREPARATION, DOING THE WORK AND SELF-HELP
4. Preparing for the Street: Recruiting, Training, and Socialization
5. On Patrol: Methods and Menaces
6. Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving: Confronting Crime and Disorder
7. Criminal Investigation: The Science of Sleuthing
8. Personnel Issues and Practices: Stress, Labor Relations, Higher Education and Private Police
III. CONSTRAINTS: RULE OF LAW, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND LIABILITY
9. The Rule of Law: Expounding the Constitution
10. Accountability: Ethics, Use of Force, Corruption, and Discipline
11. Civil Liability: Failing the Public Trust
IV. SPECIAL POPULATIONS, PROBLEMS, AND CHALLENGES
12. Pursuing Criminal Syndicates: Terrorists, The Mob, Gangs, Drug Traffickers
13. Addressing “People Problems”: Immigrants, Youth, Hate Crimes, and the Homeless
V. OTHER CHALLENGES TODAY AND BEYOND
14. Technology Review: Tools for the Tasks
15. Focus on the Future