Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Part I: Models, Measurement and Comparative Analysis
1. Explaining Cleavage Strength: The Role of Party Positions, Geoffrey Evans and Nan Dirk De Graaf
2. Measuring Party Positions, Ryan Bakker and Sara Binzer Hobolt
3. Examining The Impact of Party Positions and Class Voting in 15 Western Democracies: A Pooled Analysis, Giedo Jansen, Geoffrey Evans and Nan Dirk De Graaf
Part II: The Case Studies
4. Ideological Convergence and the Decline of Class Voting in Britain, Geoffrey Evans and James Tilley
5. The United States: Still the Politics of Diversity, David L. Weakliem
6. The Declining Impact of Class on the Vote in Australia: Testing Competing Explanations, Gary Marks
7. The Class-Party Relationship in Canada, 1965- 2004, Robert Andersen
8. Enduring Divisions and New Dimensions: Class Voting in Denmark, Sara Binzer Hobolt
9. The Political Evolution of Class and Religion: An Interpretation for the Netherlands 1971-2006, Nan Dirk De Graaf, Giedo Jansen, and Ariana Need
10. Political Change and Cleavage Voting in France: Class, Religion, Political Appeals, and Voter Alignments (1962-2007), Florent Gougou and Guillaume Roux
11. Social Divisions and Political Choices in Germany, East and West, 1980-2006, Martin Elff
12. Class and Religious Voting in Italy: The Rise of PolicyResponsiveness, Oliver Heath and Paulo Bellucci
13. Do Social Divisions Explain Political Choices? The Case of Poland, Natalia Letki
14. Social Class, Religiosity, and Vote Choice in Spain, 1979-2008, Lluis Orriols
Part III: Concluding observations
15. The Importance of Political Choice and Other Lessons Learned, Geoffrey Evans and Nan Dirk De Graaf