Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Note on Orthography
1. Introduction: “Look Out! The Sleeping Locusts Awake”
2. A History of Language and Politics in Madagascar
3. The Structural and Social Organization of Kabary Politika (Political Oratory)
4. The Structural and Social Organization of Kisarsary Politika (Political Cartooning)
5. Building publics through interanimating and shifting registers: “Stop acting like a slave”
6. The ideological and aesthetic dimensions of syntax and register in political kabary and political cartooning
7. “That’s what you think”: Arguing representations of truth in language
8. Conclusion: The Constraints and Possibilities of Democracy