More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Only two copies
in stock at this price.
In Stock Usually Ships in 24 Hours.
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 3rd edition with a publication date of 4/8/2011.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
With new chapters on the Lisbon Treaty, environmental policy, and freedom, security and justice, the third edition of Politics in the European Union is fully up-to-date, and remains an essential textbook for students of EU Politics.Four sections on the theories of integration, the history, institutions, and policies of the European Union, provide a comprehensive and well-balanced introduction to the subject to suit all course structures. Theoretical concepts are covered in particular detail, and integrated throughout the textto encourage students to draw links between the EU in theory and in practice. An accessible writing style, combined with a variety of helpful learning features make this the ideal textbook for all students of European Union Politics, including those coming to the subject for the first time.This textbook is also supported by an extensive Online Resource Centre with the following additional material for students and lecturers:For students:An interactive map of EuropeAn interactive timeline of European integrationMultiple choice questionsFlashcard glossaryWeb linksFor lecturers:PowerPoint slides NEW FOR THIS EDITIONEssay questionsSeminar questions and activitiesFigures and tables from the book
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THEORY
1. Theories of European Integration
2. Theories of EU Governance
3. Critical Perspectives
4. Theorizing Consequences
PART TWO: HISTORY
5. Europe after the War
6. The Schuman Plan for Coal and Steel
7. The European Defense Community, the European Political Community, and the Road to the Rome Treaties
8. The European Coal and Steel Community and European Atomic Energy Community
9. The European Economic Community 1958-67
10. After Luxembourg: The "Dark Ages" of European Integration?
11. The European Community into the 1980s
12. The Single European Act
13. Maastricht: The Treaty of European Union
14. The Road to Amsterdam: a Flexible Europe?
15. From Amsterdam to Nice: Preparing for Enlargement
16. After Nice; Enlargement Overshadowed
17. The EU at a Crossroads
18. From a European Constitution to the Lisbon Treaty
PART THREE: INSTITUTIONS
19. The Institutional Architecture
20. The European Commission
21. The European Council and the Council of Ministers
22. The European Parliament
23. The European Court of Justice
24. Organized Interests
PART FOUR: POLICIES
25. Policies and Policy-Making in the European Union
27. The Single Market
28. Economic and Monetary Union
29. Cohesion Policy
30. Environmental Policy
31. Freedom, Security, and Justice
32. Trade and Development Aid
33. Common Foreign and Security Policy