Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Succeed in your pathophysiology text with this 9th edition of Porth’s Pathophysiology: Concepts of Altered Health States. Captivating and easy-to understand, this proven book provides comprehensive, nursing-focused coverage designed to help you grasp both the physical and psychological aspects of altered health.
- Master the most clinically relevant and difficult to understand disorders with advanced 3D narrated animations.
- Prepare for clinical practice with 14 unit-opening case studies that put a real face on pathophysiology and help you relate the clinical presentation to the underlying pathophysiology.
- Master the information you need for success in your career with the unparalleled coverage of disease processes that make this text the most comprehensive pathophysiology text available.
- Increase your understanding of key concepts with the full-color art program that illustrates the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
- Find the information you need fast with the book’s consistent presentation of each disease, with detailed coverage of pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, and evaluation and treatment.
- Reinforce your understanding of key content with chapter-ending review exercises.
- Develop a strong understanding of pathophysiology concepts with the easy-to-follow narrative that builds concepts on one another, defines words as content is presented, and reviews concepts from physiology, biochemistry, physics, and other sciences along the way.
- Deepen your understanding by pausing and reviewing salient points using the easily-identified section-opening Objectives and section-ending Summaries.
- Retain and apply text information using Key Concepts Boxes help you incorporate key information into a larger conceptual unit, rather than memorizing a string of related and unrelated facts.
- Easily access useful references including lists of common suffixes and prefixes, normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, and a comprehensive glossary.
- Take your understanding beyond the book with anytime, anywhere access to the fully searchable eBook online.
Table of Contents
Grossman: Porth's Pathophysiology, 9e
Table of Contents
UNIT 1 CONCEPTS OF HEALTH AND DISEASE
Concepts of Health and Disease
Concepts of Altered Health in Children
Concepts of Altered Health in Older Adults
UNIT 2 CELL FUNCTION AND GROWTH
Cell and Tissue Characteristics
Cellular Adaption, Injury, and Death
Genetic Control of Cell Function and Inheritance
Genetic and Congenital Disorders
UNIT 3 DISORDERS OF INTEGRATIVE FUNCTION
Stress and Adaptation
Alterations in Temperature Regulation
Activity Tolerance and Fatigue
UNIT 4 INFECTION, INFLAMMATION, AND IMMUNITY
Mechanisms of Infectious Disease
Innate and Adaptive Immunity
Inflammation, Tissue Repair, and Wound Healing
Disorders of the Immune Response
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
UNIT 5 DISORDERS OF NEURAL FUNCTION
Organization and Control of Neural Function
Somatosensory Function, Pain, and Headache
Disorders of Motor Function
Disorders of Brain Function
Sleep and Sleep Disorders
Disorders of Thought, Mood, and Memory
UNIT 6 DISORDERS OF SPECIAL SENSORY FUNCTION
Disorders of Visual Function
Disorders of Hearing and Vestibular Function
UNIT 7 DISORDERS OF THE HEMATOPOIETIC SYSTEM
Blood Cells of the Hematopoietic System
Disorders of Hemostasis
Disorders of Red Blood Cells
Disorders of White Blood Cells and Lymphoid Tissues
UNIT 8 DISORDERS OF CARDIOVASCULAR FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular System
Disorders of Blood Flow in the Systemic Circulation
Disorders of Blood Pressure Regulation
Disorders of Cardiac Function
Disorders of Cardiac Conduction and Rhythm
Heart Failure and Circulatory Shock
UNIT 9 DISORDERS OF RESPIRATORY FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Respiratory System
Respiratory Tract Infections, Neoplasms, and Childhood Disorders
Disorders of Ventilation and Gas Exchange
UNIT 10 DISORDERS OF RENAL FUNCTION AND FLUIDS & ELECTROLYTES
Structure and Function of the Kidney
Disorders of Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Disorders of Acid-Base Balance
Disorders of Renal Function
Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Disorders of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract
UNIT 11 DISORDERS OF GASTROINTESTINAL FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Gastrointestinal System
Disorders of Gastrointestinal Function
Disorders of Hepatobiliary and Exocrine Pancreas Function
Alterations in Nutritional Status
UNIT 12 DISORDERS OF ENDOCRINE FUNCTION
Mechanisms of Endocrine Control
Disorders of Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
Diabetes Mellitus and the Metabolic Syndrome
UNIT 13 DISORDERS OF GENITOURINARY AND REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Male Genitourinary System
Disorders of the Male Genitourinary System
Structure and Function of the Female Reproductive System
Disorders of the Female Reproductive System
Sexually Transmitted Infections
UNIT 14 DISORDERS OF MUSCULOSKELETAL FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Trauma, Infection, Neoplasms
Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Developmental and Metabolic Disorders
Disorders of Musculoskeletal Function: Rheumatic Disorders
UNIT 15 DISORDERS OF INTEGUMENTARY FUNCTION
Structure and Function of the Skin
Disorders of Skin Integrity and Function