Only one copy
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
PRACTICAL COMPUTER LITERACY, Third Edition, provides clear, comprehensive instruction on the basics of computer literacy. This convenient, reader-friendly text integrates computer concepts, Microsoft Office 2010 applications, and Internet essentials within a streamlined package. Concise lessons within each chapter, usually one page in length, are presented in an appealing Frequently Asked Questions format and include full-color screenshots or diagrams.
Additionally, the textbook comes with a robust BookOnCD, which is a digital version of the textbook that brings the book to life with videos, animated diagrams, software tours and provides assessment opportunities via WebTrack technology.
- This convenient text provides thorough, effective instruction on basic computer skills by integrating coverage of essential computer and Internet concepts and Microsoft Office 2010 skills within a streamlined, reader-friendly package.
- The accompanying Book-on-CD features animations, screen tours, and hands-on activities in a simulated environment, providing an ideal complement to the text and an appealing way to enhance learning.
- WebTrack enables instructors to easily track student activities in order to monitor progress, assess learning, and make adjustments as needed throughout the course.
- Nearly fifty projects in the back of the book allow students to develop their skills by applying what they learn to real-world scenarios they are likely to encounter in their personal and professional lives.
Table of Contents
|System and Application Software|
|Getting Started with Windows 7|
|Working with Windows Settings and Accounts|
|Working with Files|
|Getting Started with Application Software|
|Creating a Document|
|Formatting a Document|
|Finalizing a Document|
|Creating a Worksheet|
|Formatting a Worksheet|
|Finalizing a Worksheet|
|Creating a Presentation|
|Finalizing a Presentation|
|Creating a Database|
|Finalizing a Database|
|Working with E-Mail|
|Browsing the Web|
|Computer Benefits and Risks|
|Introduction to Projects|
|Submitting an Assignment as a Printout or on a Removable Storage Device|
|Submitting an Assignment as an E-mail Attachment|
|Microsoft Office 2007 Configuration|
|Windows and File Management Projects|
|Projects for Windows Application Basics|
|Projects for Microsoft Word|
|Projects for Microsoft Excel|
|Projects for Microsoft PowerPoint|
|Projects for Microsoft Access|
|Table of Contents provided by Publisher. All Rights Reserved.|