The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Practical Econometrics bridges the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge of introductory econometrics. The intuition underlying each individual econometric tool is explained, both verbally and visually whenever possible, before introducing the technical details required to actually implement the tool. Particular attention is paid to developing correct interpretation skills and the how-to's associated with effectively communicating the quality of one's work. The goal is to provide readers with not only the desire but also the practical know-how to correctly utilize the econometric tools introduced and thereby increase the true power of the introductory econometrics course. Both Microsoft Excel and Stata software packages provide data examples throughout the text.
Table of Contents
Part 1: The Basics
1. An Introduction to Econometrics, Statistical Inference, and Data Collection
2. Collection and Management of Data
3. Summary Statistics
Part 2: Linear Regression Analysis
4. Simple Linear Regression
5. Hypothesis Testing in Linear Regression Analysis
6. Multiple Linear Regression Analysis
7. Qualitative Variables and Non-Linearities in Multiple Linear Regression Analysis
8. Model Selection in Multiple Linear Regression Analysis
Part 3: Violations of Assumptions
10. Time Series Analysis
Part 4: Advanced Topics in Econometrics
12. Limited Dependent Variables
13. Panel Data
14. Instrumental Variables for Simultaneous Equations, Endogenous Independent Variables, and Measurement Error