The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
With more than 500,000 copies sold, the first edition of Practical Paleo revolutionized the way we think about food and our bodies. It explained how simply eating real, whole foods and avoiding processed, refined foods can improve our health—including reducing or even eliminating symptoms associated with common health disorders.
Now, this second edition has been updated to include new information, answer common questions, and make it even easier for you to customize your diet to meet your personal health goals.
• “Getting Started with Paleo,” a new chapter that shows you step by step how to switch to the Paleo way of eating, whether you want to go all-in all at once or transition gradually over time
• “Living the Paleo Lifestyle,” a new chapter that offers tips and suggestions for navigating holidays and parties, talking to friends and family about Paleo, getting your kids involved in the kitchen, and much more
• Three new meal plans that provide guidance for addressing common health concerns: Adrenal Health, Healthy Hormones, and Liver Detox Support
• A detailed guide to finding the meal plan that gives you the most benefit with the least restrictions
• 20 new recipes, ranging from breakfast foods to family-friendly weeknight meals
• A guide to special ingredients and where to find them
Plus, additions throughout the book explore new topics, such as when eating low-carb can actually be a problem, how stress affects the adrenal system, and why the government changed its mind about dietary cholesterol. And the organization has been extensively revised to make the valuable information on food and how it affects the body more user- friendly—and easier to apply to your own health needs. Practical Paleo has proven to be the resource people reach for again and again for information on healthy living, delicious recipes, and guidance on changing your diet to improve your health.
Diane Sanfilippo holds a bachelor’s degree from Syracuse University and is a Certified Nutrition Consultant. She writes a popular health blog called Balanced Bites (www.balancedbites.com), has a private nutritional-consulting practice, teaches Paleo nutrition seminars nationwide, and has a top-rated weekly podcast, The Balanced Bites Podcast, available free from iTunes.