Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Simon Blackburn is currently the Professor of Philosophy at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. He has held visiting appointments at the University of Melbourne, the University of British Columbia, Oberlin College, Princeton University, Ohio State University, the Universidad Autonomia de Mexico, and was for ten years Adjunct Professor at the Research School of Social Sciences, Australian National University, Canberra.
Table of Contents
I. Language and Epistemology
1. From Doing to Saying
2. Success Semantics
3. Practical Tortoise Raising
4. Wittgenstein's Irrealism
5. Circles, Finks, Smells and Biconditionals
6. The Absolute Conception
7. Julius Caesar and George Berkeley Play Leapfrog
8. The Majesty of Reason
II. Practical Philosophy and Ethics
9. Truth, Goodness and Beauty
10. Dilemmas, Dithering, Plumping, Grief
11. Group Minds and Expressive Harm
12. Trust, Cooperation, and Human Psychology
13. Must we Weep for Sentimentalism?
14. Morality and Thick Concepts
15. Perspectives, Fiction, Error, Play
16. Fiction and Conviction