Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT ONE: Primary Preventive Dental Concepts
1. Primary Preventive Dentistry: An Introduction
2. Cultural Health Influences
3. Dental Hygiene Science
UNIT TWO: Etiology of Dental Diseases and Conditions
4. Dental Plaque
5. Carious Lesions
6. Periodontal Diseases
7. Oral Cancer
8. Dental Trauma
9. Host Defense Mechanisms in the Oral Cavity
UNIT THREE: Preventive Strategies
10. Toothbrushes and Toothbrushing Methods
11. Dentifrices, Mouthrinses and Chewing Gums
12. Self-Care Adjuncts
13. Denture and Implant Care
14. Community Water Fluoridation
15. Topical Fluoride Therapies
16. Dental Sealants
18. Sugar and Other Sweeteners
19. Health Education and Promotion Theories
20. Professional Dental Hygiene Care
21. Tobacco Cessation
22. Athletic Mouthguards
23. Technological Advances in Primary Dental Care
UNIT FOUR: Public Health and Target Populations
24. Pregnancy and Infancy
26. Adult Dental Care
28. Medically Compromised Populations
29. Populations with Developmental Disabilities