Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: Why a New Methods Book on Primate Ecology and Conservation?, Eleanor J. Sterling, Nora Bynum, and Mary E. Blair
2. Primate Census and Survey Techniques, Andrew J. Plumptre, Eleanor J. Sterling, and Stephen T. Buckland
3. Darting, Anesthesia, and Handling, Kenneth E. Glander
4. Health Assessment and Epidemiology, Michael P. Muehlenbein and Cari M. Lewis
5. Behavior within Groups, Beth A. Kaplin and Apollinaire William
6. Habitat Assessment and Species Niche Modeling, E. Johanna Rode, Carrie J. Stengel, and K. Anne-Isola Nekaris
7. Characterization of Primate Environments through Assessment of Plant Phenology, Andrew J. Marshall and Serge Wich
8. Methods in Ethnoprimatology: Exploring the Human-Nonhuman Primate Interface, Erin P. Riley and Amanda L. Ellwanger
9. Social and Spatial Relationships between Primate Groups, Michelle Brown and Margaret Crofoot
10. Experiments in Primatology: From the Lab to the Field and Back Again, Charles H. Janson and Sarah F. Brosnan
11. Diet and Nutrition, Jessica M. Rothman, Erin R. Vogel, and Scott A. Blumenthal
12. Physiology and Energetics, Jutta Schmid
13. Primate Behavioral Endocrinology, Nga Nguyen
14. Population Genetics, Molecular Phylogenetics, and Phylogeography, Mary E. Blair and Alba L. Morales-Jimenez
15. Demography, Life Histories, and Population Dynamics, Olga L. Montenegro
16. Determining Conservation Status and Contributing to Conservation Action, Mary E. Blair, Nora Bynum, and Eleanor J. Sterling
17. Captive Breeding and Ex Situ Conservation, Dean Gibson and Colleen McCann
18. Primates in Trade, Joshua Linder, Sarah Sawyer, and Justin Brashares
19. Conclusion: The Future of Studying Primates in a Changing World, Eleanor J. Sterling, Nora Bynum, and Mary E. Blair