Primer of Drug Action:
stars based on
1 user reviews.
Julien's primer keeps pace with one of the most dynamic fields of scientific inquiry, giving students immediate access to the most current research and promising new directions in psychopharmacology
Edition after edition, Robert Julien's A Primer of Drug Actionkeeps pace with one of the most dynamic fields of scientific inquiry, giving students immediate access to the most current research and promising new directions in psychopharmacology. Rigorously updated throughout, the new edition again takes its place as the definitive guide to the drugs that affect the mind and behavior. As always, it is clear, comprehensive, objective, and authoritative, spanning a wide variety of drug types, including sedatives, depressants, stimulants, analgesics, psychedelic drugs, steroids, and drugs used to treat psychological disorders.
To visit Robert Julien's blog that accompanies A Primer of Drug Action, click here.
With over 40% new research citations, and a rewriting of every chapter, this twelfth edition gives a clear and comprehensive presentation on the most up to date information on drug action mechanisms, etiologies of major psychological disorders, drug treatment rationales, and the uses of psychopharmacology in patient care.
3. The Neuron, Synaptic Transmission, and Neurotransmitters
4. Antipsychotic Drugs
5. Antidepressant Drugs
6. Drugs Used to Tread Bipolar Disorder
7. Sedative-Hypnotic and Anxiolytic Medications
8. Herbals Medicines and Natural Treatments for Psychological Disorders
9. Nonnarcotic Anti-Inflammatory Analgesics (NSAIDs)
10. Opiod Analgesics
11. Caffeine and Nicotine
12. Cocaine, the Amphetamines, and nonamphetamine Behavioral Stimulants
13. Ethyl Alcohol and the Inhalants of Abuse
14. Cannaboid Agonists and Antagonists
15. Psychedelic Drugs
16. Anabolic Steroids
17. Topics in Drug Abuse
18. Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology
19. Geriatric Psychopharmacology
20. Integrating Psychopharmacology and Psychological Therapies in Patient Care