Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Marcus Klamert, Legal Officer, European Commission
Marcus Klamert is currently a Legal Officer with the European Commission (DG SANCO (Health and Consumers), Unit D4 - Substances of human origin and tobacco control). He was previously Senior Lecturer at the Institute for European and International Law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), Fellow of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (APART), Visiting Fellow at the Institute of European and Comparative Law (IECL) at the University of Oxford, Visiting Fellow at the Law Department of the European University Institute (EUI), and has practised as an Associate with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in Vienna. He holds a PhD from the University of Vienna, and a Masters from the University of Amsterdam. He has published on external relations, the effect of directives, European constitutional law, and the fundamental freedoms.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introducing Loyalty
1. Loyalty in the EU Treaties
2. Loyalty in Context
3. Loyalty and the Constitutionalization of EU Law
Part II: The Cohesion of European Union Law
4. A Primer on the Structure of Union Law
5. Supremacy, Pre-Emption, and the Union Interest
6. Effectiveness, Judicial Protection, and Loyalty
Part III: Cooperation in the European Union
7. A Primer on Union Competences
8. Loyalty and Non-Exclusive Competences
9. Manifestations of Loyalty in Secondary Law
10. Loyalty and Mixed Agreements
Part IV: The Construction of the European Union
11. A Primer on Constitutional Cooperation and Conflict in the EU
12. On the Nature of Loyalty
13. Deconstructing Loyalty