Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $103.92
This market-leading text emphasizes the prevention and management of athletic injuries and remains the only text to cover all aspects of the profession of athletic training. It is a valuable resource in seeking professional certification. The text provides practical, career-oriented content for students in athletic training, sports medicine, physical education, physical therapy, and coaching.
Table of Contents
Part I Professional Development and Responsibilities
1. The Athletic Trainer and the Sports Medicine Team
2. Health Care Administration in Athletic Training
3. Legal Concerns and Insurance Issues
Part II Risk Management
4. Training and Conditioning Techniques
5. Nutritional Considerations
6. Environmental Considerations
7. Protective Sports Equipment
8. Bandaging and Taping
Part III Pathology of Injury
9. Mechanisms and Characteristics of Sports Trauma
10. Tissue Response to Injury
Part IV Management Skills
11. Psychosocial Intervention for Sports Injuries and Illnesses
12. On-the-Field Acute Care and Emergency Procedures