Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Randall R. Cottrell is professor and program director of the health promotion and education program at the University of Cincinnati. He has served as president of the American Association for Health Education and is very well respected in his field, evidenced further by the recent award of a Fulbright Scholarship for work in China. He has authored several books, many with co-author James McKenzie.
James T. Girvan is a professor in the College of Health Sciences at Boise State University.
Jim McKenzie is Professor at Penn State Hershey and a Professor Emeritus at Ball State University, and is a Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES). He is also Fellow of the American Association for Health Education and a Distinguished Fellow of the Society for Public Health Education.
Table of Contents
1. A Background for the Profession
2. The History of Health and Health Education/Promotion
3. Philosophical Foundations
4. Theoretical Foundations
5. Ethics and Health Education/Promotion
6. The Health Education Specalisist: Roles, Responsibilities, Certifications, Advanced Study
7. The Settings for Health Education/Promotion
8. Agencies/Associations/Organizations Associated with Health Education/Promotion
9. The Literature of Health Education/Promotion
10. Future Trends in Health Education/Promotion
Appendix A: Development of a Unified Code of Ethics for the Health Education Profession
Appendix B: Responsibilities and Competencies Hierarchical Model (CUP)
Appendix C: Eta Sigma Gamma Chapters: Locations and Dates of installation