Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. The Cell: Structure and Function
3. Cell Metabolism
4. Cell Membrane Transport
5. Chemical Messengers
6. The Endocrine System: Endocrine Glands and Hormone Actions
7. Nerve Cells and Electrical Signaling
8. Synaptic Transmission and Neural Integration
9. The Nervous System: Central Nervous System
10. The Nervous System: Sensory Systems
11. The Nervous System: Autonomic and Motor Systems
12. Muscle Physiology
13. The Cardiovascular System: Cardiac Function
14. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels, Blood Flow and Blood Pressure
15. The Cardiovascular System: Blood
16. The Respiratory System: Pulmonary Ventilation
17. The Respiratory System: Gas Exchange and Regulation of Breathing
18. The Urinary System: Renal Function
19. The Urinary System: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
20. The Gastrointestinal System
21. Regulation of Energy Metabolism and Growth
22. The Reproductive System
23. The Immune System
24. Diabetes Mellitus: The Epidemic