Case and Fair is the trusted Macroeconomics text that teaches students through stories, graphs, and equations...and now, a new&emphasis on excellence in assessment. & These two highly-respected economists and educators have revised this best-selling Macroeconomics book to include more current topics and events while maintaining its hallmark feature of teaching economics through stories, graphs, and equations; relevant to students with various learning styles (verbal, visual, and numerical).
I. INTRODUCTION TO ECONOMICS.
1. The Scope and Method of Economics.
2. The Economic Problem: Scarcity and Choice.
3. Demand, Supply, and Market Equilibrium.
4. The Price System and Demand and Supply.
II. CONCEPTS AND PROBLEMS IN MACROECONOMICS.
5. Introduction to Macroeconomics.
6. Measuring National Output and National Income.
7. Long-Run and Short-Run Concerns: Growth, Productivity, Unemployment, and Inflation.
III. THE GOODS AND MONEY MARKETS.
8. Aggregate Expenditure and Equilibrium Output.
9. The Government and Fiscal Policy.
10. The Money Supply and the Federal Reserve System.
11. Money Demand, the Equilibrium Interest Rate, and Monetary Policy.
IV. MACROECONOMIC ANALYSIS.
12. Money, the Interest Rate, and Output: Analysis and Policy.
13. Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply, and Inflation.
14. The Labor Market, Unemployment, and Inflation.
15. Macroeconomic Issues and Policy.
16. Household and Firm Behavior in the Macroeconomy: A Further Look.
17. Long-Run Growth.
18. Debates in Macroeconomics: Monetarism, New Classical Theory, and Supply Side Economics.
V. THE WORLD ECONOMY.
19. International Trade, Comparative Advantage, and Protectionism.
20. Open Economy Macroeconomics: The Balance of Payments and Exchange Rates.
21. Economic Growth in Developing and Transitional Economies.
Glossary of Terms.
Solutions to Even-Numbered Problems.