The 12th edition of this popular text continues to build on four major marketing themes: building and managing profitable customer relationships, building and managing strong brands to create brand equity, harnessing new marketing technologies in the digital age, and marketing in a socially responsible way around the globe. Thoroughly updated and streamlined, "Principles of Marketing" tells the stories that reveal the drama of modern marketing, reflecting the major trends and forces that are impacting this dynamic and ever-changing field. Topics include: the marketing environment, managing information, consumer & business buyer behavior, segmentation, targeting, and positioning, branding strategies, distribution channels, advertising and sales promotion, direct marketing, and the global marketplace. An excellent tool for anyone in marketing and sales, whether self- or corporate- employed.
I. UNDERSTANDING MARKETING AND THE MARKETING PROCESS.
1. Marketing: Managing Profitable Customer Relationships.
2. Company and Marketing Strategy: Partnering to Build Customer Relationships.
3. Marketing in the Digital Age: Making New Customer Connections.
II. DEVELOPING MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES AND STRATEGIES.
4. The Marketing Environment.
5. Managing Marketing Information.
6. Consumer Markets and Consumer Buyer Behavior.
7. Business Markets and Business Buyer Behavior.
8. Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning: Building the Right Relationships with the Right Customers.
III. DEVELOPING THE MARKETING MIX.
9. Product, Services, and Branding Strategies.
10. New-Product Development and Product Life-Cycle Strategies.
11. Pricing Considerations and Approaches.
12. Pricing Strategies.
13. Marketing Channels and Supply Chain Management.
14. Retailing and Wholesaling.
15. Integrated Marketing Communication Strategy.
16. Advertising, Sales Promotion, and Public Relations.
17. Personal Selling and Direct Marketing.
IV. MANAGING MARKETING.
18. Creating Competitive Advantage.
19. The Global Marketplace.
20. Marketing and Society: Social Responsibility and Marketing Ethics.
1. Measuring and Forecasting Demand.
2. Marketing Arithmetic.