Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part 1: General Principles
1. History and development of local anaesthesia, Tony Wildsmith
2. Anatomy and physiology of pain, Lesley Colvin
3. The potential benefits, Nick Scott
4. Neurological complications, Colin McCartney
5. Outcome issues, Susan Nimmo & Graeme McLeod
6. Peripheral nerve and local anaesthetic drugs, Cameron Weir & Gary Strichartz
7. Local anaesthetic kinetics, Jenny Porter & Geoff Tucker
8. Drug Toxicity and selection, Nigel Bedforth & Jonathan Hardman
9. Preoperative considerations, Matthew Checketts
10. Peripheral nerve location techniques, George Corner & Calum Grant
11. Principles of patient management, Barrie Fischer
Part 2: Anatomy and Techniques
12. Anatomy and physiology of vertebral canal, Ian Parkin & Alastair Chambers
13. Spinal anaesthesia, Jonathan Whiteside & Tony Wildsmith
14. Epidural block, Graeme McLeod
15. Sacral epidural (caudal) block, Edward Doyle & Jon McCormack
16. Regional anaesthesia of the trunk, John McDonnell & Dominic Harmon
17. Upper limb blocks, David Coventry
18. Lower limb blocks, Colin McCartney
19. Head, neck and airway blocks, Neil Smart, Stephen Hickey & Alistair Nimmo
20. Ophthalmic regional anaesthesia, Hamish McLure
21. Regional anaesthesia in obstetrics, Catriona Connolly & John McClure
22. Regional anaesthesia in children, Steve Roberts
23. Pain and autonomic blocks, Mick Serpell & Andreas Goebel
24. Regional anaesthesia for day-care surgery, Stuart Grant
25. Regional anaesthesia in the elderly, Bernadette Veering