Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Albert Casullo is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. A well-known expert on the a priori, Casullo is the author of A Priori Justification (OUP, 2003), and Essays on A Priori Knowledge and Justification (OUP, 2012).
Joshua C. Thurow is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Texas at San Antonio. He previously taught at Mount Marty College (South Dakota) and has published essays on the a priori and other issues in epistemology in various journals and edited volumes.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Joshua C. Thurow and Albert Casullo
Section I: Intuitions, Experimental Philosophy, and the A Priori
1. Philosophical Naturalism and Intuitional Methodology, Alvin I. Goldman
2. Experimental Philosophy and Apriority, Jonathan Jenkins Ichikawa
3. The Implicit Conception and Intuition Theory of the a Priori, with Implications for Experimental Philosophy, Joshua C. Thurow
4. The Prospects for an Experimentalist Rationalism, or Why It's Ok if the A Priori Is Only 99.44 Percent Empirically Pure, Jonathan M. Weinberg
Section II: The Nature and Scope of the A Priori
5. On the Armchair Justification of Conceptually Grounded Necessary Truths, David Henderson and Terry Horgan
6. Concepts, Teleology, and Rational Revision, Christopher S. Hill
7. A Priori Testimony Revisited, Anna-Sara Malmgren
8. Intuitions and Foundations: The Relevance of Moore and Wittgenstein, Ernest Sosa
Section III: Skepticism and the A Priori
9. Skepticism, Reason and Reidianism, Joel Pust
10. A Priori Bootstrapping, Ralph Wedgwood
Section IV: Challenges to the A Priori
11. Articulating the A Priori - A Posteriori Distinction, Albert Casullo
12. Naturalistic Challenges to the A Priori, C. S. I. Jenkins
13. How Deep is the Distinction between A Priori and A Posteriori Knowledge?, Timothy Williamson