Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Sandra B. Bolt has a Masters in Business Administration with an emphasis in human resource management. She has been teaching in the college setting for over twenty years. She is currently a tenured faculty member and past Chair of the Business and Technology Department at Fresno City College in Fresno, California. Her teaching areas of expertise include workplace relationships, office occupations, office technology, resumé/interview, and document formatting. She is currently the Secretary/Treasurer of the college district union. She has extensive secretarial and leadership experience, and has served as a computer applications trainer. She is a certified Crown Financial Leader and Trainer and has led many personal financial management sessions for community groups. She has been a volunteer guest speaker at professional conferences and high school career fairs, in addition to her involvement with committees and student functions at Fresno City College.
Both authors have used their professional, educational, and personal experiences to provide readers with realistic stories and challenges experienced in a typical workplace.
Table of Contents
MODULE I: SELF-MANAGEMENT
1. Attitude, Goal Setting and Life Management
2. Personal Financial Management
3. Time and Stress Management/Organization Skills
MODULE 2: WORKPLACE BASICS
5. Ethics, Politics, and Diversity
6. Accountability and Workplace Relationships
7. Quality Organizations and Service
8. Human Resources and Policies
MODULE 3: RELATIONSHIPS
10. Electronic Communications
11. Motivation, Leadership and Teams
12. Conflict and Negotiation
MODULE 4: CAREER PLANNING TOOLS
13. Job Search Skills
14. Resumé Package
15. Interview Techniques
16. Career Changes