Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The complete, up-to-date guide to project management for engineering and technology that fully reflects the latest PMBOK standards.
Project Management for Engineering and Technology is the up-to-date guide to engineering and technology-specific project management that fully reflects the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK). Unlike competitive texts, it covers not just project management process skills, but also crucial people skills such as negotiation, personal time management, change management, diversity, and overcoming adversity. Topics covered include: scheduling, cost estimating, budgets, human resources, communication, procurement, quality plans, risk management, team building, project monitoring/control, and closeout. Readers will find up-to-date case studies related to the full spectrum of engineering and technology projects, including design, manufacturing, quality improvement, and process development. They will master skills they can apply in assignments ranging from the design and manufacture of the largest jetliner to the smallest circuit board. Every chapter contains a case study that illustrates the complexities and challenges of real-world engineering and technology projects, and shows why effective project management is so critical.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help engineering and technology professionals quickly master project management best practices. It provides:
- Comprehensive engineering and technology-specific coverage fully aligned to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK): Thoroughly in accordance with the latest standards in the "Project Management Body of Knowledge" (PMBOK), and focused entirely on engineering and technology
- Up-to-date coverage of realistic engineering and technology projects and project management challenges: Illuminates the specific realities of engineering and technology project management, with realistic case studies of complex, challenging projects throughout
- Hands-on focus, comprehensive pedagogical tools, and support for flexible approaches to teaching and learning: Supported by comprehensive pedagogical tools, and designed for both classroom and online learning in a wide range of programs
Table of Contents
I. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PROCESS SKILLS
1. Overview of Construction Project Management
2. Roles and Responsibilities of Construction Project Managers
3. Cost Estimating for Construction Projects
4. Planning and Scheduling for Construction Projects
5. Procuring for Construction Projects
6. Managing Risk in Construction Projects
7. Project Construction, Monitoring, and Closeout
II. CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT—PEOPLE SKILLS
8. Leading Teams
9. Building Teams and Managing Conflict
10. Motivating Teams
11. Communicating, Influencing, and Negotiating
12. Managing Time
13. Managing Change
14. Managing Diversity
15. Managing Adversity