More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 5/1/2014.
What is included with this book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Dinesh Sharma, Senior Fellow, Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Research, St Francis College, New York
Dinesh Sharma is Senior Fellow, Institute for International and Cross-Cultural Research, St Francis College, New York.
Table of Contents
Foreword-Asian Explorers of Psyche and Culture: Sudhir Kakar and His Contemporaries by Robert A. LeVine
Introduction by Dinesh Sharma
1. When a Lingam Is Not Just a Good Cigar Wendy Doniger
2. An Island in Mind: Aldous Huxley and the Neurotheologian Jeffrey J. Kripal
3. Sri Aurobindo Demystified: An Essay on Psychology and Religion in India Dinesh Sharma
4. Psychoanalysis and the Problem of Religious Ecstasy June McDaniel
5. Mysticism and the Teacher-Student (Guru-Shishya) Relationship: The Approaches of Patanjali, Jung, and Kakar Harold Coward
6. The Mother-Son Symbiotic Dyad and the Positioning of the Oedipus Complex in the Asian Culture Jhuma Basak
7. The Intergenerational Transmission of Culture in Conflict: The Story of a New York Mongrel John Munder Ross
8. Can Leaders Change? Yes, But Only If They Want To Manfred F.R. Kets de Vries
9. Kakar's Contribution Manasi Kumar
10. Let Me Tell You a Story about Hindu Temples and Runaway Trolleys Richard A. Shweder
11. Murder in Meriah Country: Ethno-political Conflict in the Kondhmals Usha Menon
About the Editor and Contributors