Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Psychological Testing and Assessment provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the theory, research, and best practice in the field of psychological testing and assessment. It provides a thorough grounding in the basic psychometric theory underlying contemporary test development and highlights a number of specialist fields of psychology in which psychological testing and assessment is used extensively.
The second edition has been updated to incorporate the latest theory and research, and now has expanded coverage of scoring, item response theory and factor analysis. It includes new chapters on 'Intelligence' and 'Personality and Individual Difference', and new pedagogical features-learning objectives, key terms and practitioner profiles- to enhance student learning.
David Shum, Professor and Dean (Research) of the Health Group, Griffith University,John O'Gorman, Adjunct Professor and Emeritus Professor, Griffith University,Brett Myors, Adjunct Professor, Griffith University,Peter Creed, Professor, Griffith University
David Shum is a Professor and Dean (Research) of the Health Group at Griffith University.
John O'Gorman is an Adjunct Professor and Emeritus Professor at Griffith University.
Brett Myors is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the School of Applied Psychology at Griffith University.
Peter Creed is a Professor in the School of Applied Psychology and a member of the Griffith Health Institute at Griffith University.
Table of Contents
PART 1: THE CONTEXT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING AND ASSESSMENT
1. Psychological Tests: What are they and why do we need them?
2. Psychological Testing and Assessment: Processes, Best Practice and Ethics
PART 2: METHODOLOGICAL AND TECHNICAL PRINCIPLES OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
3. Test Scores and Norms
6. Test Construction
PART 3: SUBSTANTIVE TESTING AND ASSESSMENT AREAS
8. Personality and Individual Differences
PART 4: AREAS OF PROFESSIONAL APPLICATION
9. Clinical and Mental Health Testing and Assessment
10. Organisational Testing and Assessment
11. Neuropsychological Testing and Assessment
12. Forensic Psychological Testing and Assessment
13. Educational Testing and Assessment
PART 5: PROSPECTS AND ISSUES
14. The Future of Testing and Assessment