More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 6/28/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Psychopharmacology: Practice and Contexts is a practical and accessible text to assist nursing and allied health students in their understanding of psychotropic medications. It covers treatment monitoring through a range of care plans and interventions and provides strategies for minimising risk. The text is designed to allow readers to develop insight into the great variability in the ways in which individuals experience mental health disorders, and the equally variable fashion in which each person has the potential to experience both benefit and harm as a result of drug treatment.
Karen-leigh Edward, Associate Professor, Australian Catholic University,Chris Alderman, Associate Professor, University of South Australia
Dr Karen-leigh Edward is Associate Professor, Nursing Research Unit, Australian Catholic University, and Director/Chair St Vincent's Private Hospital (Melb) Nursing Research Unit
Dr Chris Alderman is Director of Pharmacy, Repatriation General Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia and Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice, QUMPRC, University of South Australia
Table of Contents
Part One: Practice
1. Psychotropic Drug Use History and Context
2. Law, ethics and accountability
5. Medication administration and calculations
Part Two: Context
6. Mood disorders
7. Anxiety disorders
8. Schizophrenia and related psychoses
9. Substance use disorders
10. Mental Illness in Children and Adolescents
11. Older People
12. Mental Illness in Special Populations
Part Three: Advanced Practice and Context
13. Adherence and Concordance
14. Nurse practitioner and other advanced practice roles