Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 5/5/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
T.K. Vinod Kumar, Deputy Director, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad
T.K. Vinod Kumar is currently Deputy Director of Sardar Ballabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad. He is a member of the Indian Police Service (IPS) and has worked as Commissioner of Police of Calicut, and Deputy Inspector General and Inspector General of Police in Kerala. His publications have appeared in Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice and Journal of Police Practice and Research, among others.
Table of Contents
2. Theories on Public Events
3. Nature of Public Events
4. Police Response to Public Events
5. Communal Violence: A Case Study
6. Political Violence: An Analysis of Events
7. Statistical Model of Relationship between Public Event and Police Response
8. A Holistic Model of Events Characteristics and Police Response
9. Public Events, Police Response, and Democratic Discourse
Appendix: Data Entry Protocol