Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Three of the subject's foremost scholars provide you with clear and insightful commentary on the key institutions, legal principles and conventions, and blend this with a carefully selected and diverse range of materials and case studies. You'll acquire both a thorough knowledge of public law and practice, and an understanding of the theoretical and political debates in this fascinating and dynamic field of law.
Online Resource Centre
This book is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre providing detailed updates to the law following publication, web links to useful sites, and, for lecturers, a text bank of multiple choice questions with answers and feedback.
Table of Contents
Part I: Constitutional Fundamentals
1. Constitutional fundamentals
2. Legitimacy in the constitution and Parliamentary sovereignty
3. The rule of law
4. Separating and balancing powers
5. Multi-level governing
Part II: The Executive Function
6. Protecting rights
7. Government and accountability
8. Exercise and control of executive power in the European Union
Part III: The Legislative Function
10. Primary legislation
11. Delegated legislation
12. European Union treaties and legislative processes
13. Cases study: what happens when the Commons and
Part IV: Judicial and dispute resolution functions
14. The judiciary
15. Administrative justice: tribunals and ombudsmen
16. Judicial review
17. Using human rights in the United Kingdom courts
18. European Union law in the United Kingdon courts
19. Constitutional change