Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE NATURE AND STUDY OF THE WHAT, WHO, AND WHY OF PUBLIC POLICY
1. The Contemporary Language of Public Policy: Starting to Understand,
Stella Z. Theodoulou
2. Enduring Political Questions and Public Policy, James J. Gosling
3. Political Science and Public Policy, Paul A. Sabatier
4. Bounded Rationality and Rational Choice Theory, Bryan D. Jones, Graeme Boushey,
and Samuel Workman
5. Still Muddling, Not Yet Through, Charles E. Lindblom
6. Group Politics and Representative Democracy, David B. Truman
7. Neo Pluralism, Andrew S. McFarland
8. Imperfect Competition, Ralph Miliband
9. Issue Networks and the Executive Establishment, Hugh Heclo
10. Who Benefits, Who Governs, Who Wins, G. William Domhoff
PART TWO: RULES, STRATEGIES, RESOURCES, AND CULTURE
11. Rules, Strategies, Resources, and Culture, Matthew A. Cahn
12. The Federalist Papers: #1, #10, #15, #78, Alexander Hamilton and James Madison
13. The Anti-Federalist Papers
14. Capitalism and Freedom, Milton Friedman
15. The Logic of Collective Action: Public Goods and the Theory of Groups, Mancur Olsen
16. Constructing the Political Spectacle, Murray Edelman
17. A Preface to Economic Democracy, Robert Dahl
18. The Semisovereign People, E. Schattschneider
19. Habits of the Heart: Individualism and Commitment in American Life, Robert N. Bellah, Richard Madsen, William M. Sullivan, Ann Swidler, and Steven M. Tipton
PART THREE: THEORIES ON THE POLICY PROCESS
20. In Search of a Framework to Understand the Policy Process, Stella Z. Theodoulou
21. Theories Of and In the Policy Process, David L. Weimer
22. The Stages Approach to the Policy Process, Peter DeLeon
23. Typologies of Public Policy, Peter J. Steinberger
24. Agendas and Instability, Frank R. Baumgartner and Bryan D. Jones
25. Why Some Issues Rise and Others are Negated, John Kingdon
26. Policy Entrepreneurship, Michael Mintrom and Phillipa Norman
27. Background on the Institutional Analysis and Development Framework, Elinor Ostrom
28. The Mechanism of Policy Diffusion, Charles R. Shipan and Craig Volden
29. Advocacy Coalition Framework, Social Construction and Policy Design and Emerging Trends, Matthew Nowlin
PART FOUR: INSTITUTIONAL AND NON INSTITUTIONAL ACTORS
30. Institutional and Noninstitutional Actors in the Policy Process, Matthew A. Cahn
31. Congress: Keystone of the Washington Establishment, Morris Fiorina
32. Congress: The Electoral Connection, David Mayhew
33. Presidential Power, Richard Neustadt
34. The Presidential Policy Stream, Paul Light
35. The Rise of the Bureaucratic State, James Q. Wilson
36. Regulation: Politics, Bureaucracy, and Economics, Kenneth J. Meier
37. Appellate Courts as Policy Makers, Lawrence Baum
38. The Hollow Hope: Can Courts Bring About Social Change? Gerald N. Rosenberg
39. Parties, the Government, and the Policy Process, Samuel J. Eldersveld.
40. The Advocacy Explosion, Jeffrey M. Berry.
41. The Consultant Corps, Larry Sabato.
42. News That Matters, Shanto Iyengar and Donald Kinder
43. Processing Politics: Learning from Television in the Internet Age, Doris Graber
PART FIVE: MAKING PUBLIC POLICY
44. The Structure and Context of Policy Making, Stella Z. Theodoulou
45. Causal Stories as Problem Definition, Deborah A. Stone
46. Issues and Agendas, Roger W. Cobb and Charles D. Elder
47. New Research on Agendas in the Policy Process, Barry Pump
48. Policy Analysis - A Multidisciplinary Framework, William N. Dunn
49. Synthesizing the Implementation Literature, Richard E. Matland
50. The Assessment of Executed Policy Solutions, Stella Z. Theodoulou and C. Kofinis
51. Policy Change and Termination, Stella Z. Theodoulou and C. Kofinis