More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 4/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
A significant amount of research in India focuses predominantly on policy goals and consequences, and less on policy processes. Breaking away from the mould, this collection of essays by Kuldeep Mathur directly addresses the policy process and the part institutions play in policymaking in India. Public Policy and Politics in India is thus a critical contribution to the study of public policy in India. The volume brings together some of Mathur's seminal, and otherwise not easilyaccessible, writings on the emerging field of public policy. It also discusses the dominant discourses in this area, transitions from one discourse to another, evolution of institutions and how they relate to each other, and, most importantly, how these institutions relate to the socio-political forcesin which they are embedded.
Table of Contents
1. Policymaking in India
2. Policy Analysis in India: Research Bases and Discursive Practices (with Navdeep Mathur)
3. Policy Research Organizations in South Asia
4. Battling for Clean Environment: Supreme Court, Technocrats, and Populist Politics in Delhi
5. Does Performance Matter? Policy Struggles in Education
6. Privatization as Reform: Liberalization and Public Sector Enterprises in India
7. Drought in Parliament: Representation and Participation
8. Governance as Networks: State, Business, and Politics
9. Strengthening Bureaucracy: State and Development in India
10. Administrative Reform in India: Policy Prescriptions and Outcomes.