Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The best review of pulmonary physiology for the USMLE Step 1
For more than three decades, Pulmonary Physiology has provided medical students and residents with a solid background in the areas of pulmonary physiology essential for a thorough understanding of clinical medicine. Pulmonary Physiology, 8e teaches you how and why the human respiratory system works--in a style and presentation that makes it easy to absorb and integrate with your knowledge of other body systems.
- Every chapter includes learning objectives, summaries of key concepts, study questions, clinical examples, illustrations of essential concepts, and suggested readings
- Provides detailed explanations of physiologic mechanisms and demonstrates how they apply to pathologic states
- Helps you to understand the basic concepts of pulmonary physiology well enough to apply them with confidence to future patients
- Delivers concise yet in-depth coverage of every important topic, including:
- Function and Structure of the Respiratory System
- Mechanics of Breathing
- Alveolar Ventilation
- Blood Flow to the Lungs
- Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships
- Diffusion of Gases and Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests
- Transport of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide in the Blood
- Acid-Base Balance
- Control of Breathing
- Nonrespiratory Functions of the Lung
- The Respiratory System Under Stress, including exercise, altitude, diving, and sleep