Only two copies
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The best review of pulmonary physiology for the USMLE Step 1
For more than three decades, Pulmonary Physiology has provided medical students and residents with a solid background in the areas of pulmonary physiology essential for a thorough understanding of clinical medicine. Pulmonary Physiology, 8e teaches you how and why the human respiratory system works--in a style and presentation that makes it easy to absorb and integrate with your knowledge of other body systems.
- Every chapter includes learning objectives, summaries of key concepts, study questions, clinical examples, illustrations of essential concepts, and suggested readings
- Provides detailed explanations of physiologic mechanisms and demonstrates how they apply to pathologic states
- Helps you to understand the basic concepts of pulmonary physiology well enough to apply them with confidence to future patients
- Delivers concise yet in-depth coverage of every important topic, including:
- Function and Structure of the Respiratory System
- Mechanics of Breathing
- Alveolar Ventilation
- Blood Flow to the Lungs
- Ventilation-Perfusion Relationships
- Diffusion of Gases and Interpretation of Pulmonary Function Tests
- Transport of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide in the Blood
- Acid-Base Balance
- Control of Breathing
- Nonrespiratory Functions of the Lung
- The Respiratory System Under Stress, including exercise, altitude, diving, and sleep