Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The Only Official Guide to the #1 Personal Finance Software
“Intuit-approved and loaded with secrets, this book provides you with recipes for financial success.” –Scott Cook, Co-Founder, Intuit, Inc.
Organize your finances and assets with ease using the expert techniques and time-saving tips in Quicken 2014: The Official Guide. You’ll learn proven best practices for managing your income, expenses, savings, transactions, investments, and much more.
Endorsed by Intuit, makers of Quicken, this practical resource shows you, step by step, how to take full advantage of the software’s unique features, including the new tools and capabilities. Inside, you’ll find professional advice to help you reduce debt, stay on budget, save money, and plan for a secure financial future.
- Customize Quicken for your preferences
- Track income and expenses
- Set up Online Account Services
- Automate transactions and tasks
- Analyze spending and banking activity
- Reconcile checking, savings, and credit card accounts
- Use the budgeting and debt reduction tools
- Track investments and optimize your portfolio
- Monitor assets and loans
- Manage household records
- Save money and plan for retirement
- Simplify tax preparation and maximize deductions
Table of Contents
PART I: Quicken Setup and Basics
Ch. 1: Getting to Know Quicken
Ch. 2: Setting Up Quicken for the First Time
Ch. 3: Setting Up Accounts and Categories
Ch. 4: Going Online with Quicken and Quicken.com
PART II: Managing Your Bank and Credit Card Accounts
Ch. 5: Recording Bank and Credit Card Transactions
Ch. 6: Online Banking and Billing
PART III: Tracking Your Investments
Ch. 7: Investment Tracking Basics
Ch. 8: Tracking Investments Online
Ch. 9: Maximizing Investment Returns
PART IV: Managing Your Property and Loans
Ch. 10: Monitoring Assets and Loans
Ch. 11: Minimizing Home, Car, and Insurance Expenses
PART V: Working with Quicken Data
Ch. 12: Automating Quicken Transactions and Tasks
Ch. 13: Reconciling Accounts
Ch. 14: Creating Reports and Graphs
PART VI: Saving Money and Achieving Your Goals
Ch. 15: Minimizing Your Taxes with Quicken
Ch. 16: Using Quicken to Plan for the Future
Ch. 17: Saving Money with Quicken
PART VII. Appendixes
Appendix A: Managing Quicken Files
Appendix B: Customizing Quicken
Appendix C: Using the Quicken Premier Investment Tools