Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
UNIT I: BASIC CALCULATION SKILLS AND INTRODUCTION TO MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION
1. Review of Arithmetic for Dosage Calculations
2. Safe and Accurate Drug Administration
3. Ratio & Proportion
UNIT II: SYSTEMS OF MEASUREMENT
4. The Household and Metric Systems
5. Converting from One System of Measurement to Another
UNIT III: ORAL AND PARENTERAL MEDICATIONS
6. Oral Medications
9. Parental Medications
UNIT IV: INFUSIONS AND PEDIATRIC DOSAGES
10. Flow Rates and Durations of Enteral and Intravenous Infusions
11. Flow Rates and Dosage Rates for Intravenous Medications
12. Pediatric Dosages
Appendix A: Answer Section
Appendix B: FDA and ISMP Lists of Look-Alike Drug Names with Recommended Tall Man Letters
Appendix C: Commonly Used Abbreviations
Appendix D: Units of measurement in Metric and Household Systems
Appendix E: Celsius and Fahrenheit Temperature Conversions
Appendix F: Diluting Stock Solutions
Appendix G: Apothecary System