Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Paul Hamilton, Professor of English, Queen Mary University of London
Paul Hamilton was a Fellow in English at Exeter College, Oxford, then Professor of English at the University of Southampton before taking up a Chair at Queen Mary University of London. He has published widely on the Romantic period. His recent books include Metaromanticism (2003) and Coleridge and German Philosophy: The Poet in the Land of Logic (2007). He is currently editing The Oxford Handbook to European Romanticism.
Table of Contents
Part One: Resistance
1. Revolution and Restoration: Romantic Political Transformations
2. The Exiles of Madame de Stael
3. The Liberties of Benjamin Constant
Part Two: Diplomacy
4. Chateaubriand's Christian Eloquence
5. Friedrich Schlegel's Concert of Europe
Part Three: The Future
6. The Cosmopolitan Novalis
7. Resourcing Philosophy - Schelling's Figurative Materialism
8. Leopardi and The Proper Conversation of a Citizen