More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 3/9/2014.
What is included with this book?
Tim Harris is Munro-Goodwin-Wilkinson Professor in European History at Brown University. He is the author of numerous essays, articles, and books on British history in the early modern period, including most recently Restoration: Charles II and His Kingdoms 1660-1685 and Revolution: The Great Crisis of the British Monarchy, 1685-1720.
Table of Contents
1. 'How to Reigne Well'
Part I: JAMES VI AND I
2. James VI
3. A Stranger in the Land
4. Settling the Affairs of Religion
5. 'One Good Steward would put all in Order'
6. Ireland and Scotland under James I
7. The Bohemian Revolt and the Crisis of the Early 1620s
Part II: CHARLES I
8. A Prince 'bred in Parliaments'
9. Halcyon Days or Perilous Times?
10. Contumacious Troublers and Disquieters of the Peace
11. Scotland and Ireland under Charles I
12. The British Crisis
13. The Grievances of the Commonwealth
14. The Irish Rebellion and the Drift to War
15. The Rise of Royalism