Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Reinforced Concrete Design Eighth Edition integrates current research and literature to give readers a modern understanding of the strength and behavior of reinforced concrete members and simple reinforced concrete structural systems. It takes a fundamental, non-calculus, practice-oriented approach to the design and analysis of reinforced concrete structural members, using numerous examples and a step-by-step solution format.
This eighth edition is fully updated to conform to the American Concrete Institute’s latest Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-11), the current U.S. design standard. A new chapter discusses practical considerations and rules of thumb for designing reinforced concrete structures, including initial sizing and layout; calculation of approximate moment and shears in concrete girders; repair methods for existing structures, and a new student design project. The text also offers conceptual insights into topics such as prestressed concrete and detailing.
Table of Contents
1. Materials and Mechanics of Bending
2. Rectangular Reinforced Concrete Beams and Slabs: Tension Steel Only
3. Reinforced Concrete Beams: T-Beams and Doubly Reinforced Beams
4. Shear in Beams
5. Development, Splices, and Simple-Span Bar Cutoffs
6. Continuous Construction Design Considerations
11. Prestressed Concrete Fundamentals
12. Concrete Formwork
13. Detailing Reinforced Concrete Structures
14. Practical Considerations in the Design of Reinforced Concrete Buildings
Appendix A. Tables and Diagrams
Appendix B. Supplementary Aids and Guidelines
Appendix C. Metrication
Appendix D. Answers to Selected Problems