Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Silvio Waisbord is professor of media and public affairs at The George Washington University and the editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Press/Politics.
Table of Contents
1. Paths to professionalism
2. The dilemmas of professional autonomy
3. The ambiguities of professional journalism
4. Questioning professional journalism
5. The professional logic of journalism
6. Professionalism and media patrimonialism
7. The globalization of professional cultures
8. Post-professional journalism?
9. Conclusion: Reinventing professionalism