Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Luciano Rezzolla, Head of Numerical Relativity, Albert Einstein Institute, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Potsdam,Olindo Zanotti, Research Associate, University of Trento
Luciano Rezzolla received his PhD in Astrophysics in 1997 at International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste. After being a Research Associate at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, he returned to SISSA in 1999 as Associate Professor and Director of the Computing Centre. Since 2006 he has joined the Albert Einstein Institute as the Head of the Numerical-Relativity Research. He has worked in several areas of relativistic hydrodynamics and relativistic astrophysics, ranging from the investigation of fundamental issues to the construction of advanced numerical codes for the simulation of sources of gravitational waves.
Olindo Zanotti received his PhD is Astrophysics in 2002 at the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste. Since then he has worked as Research Associate at the University of Valencia (Spain), at the University of Florence (Italy), at the Notre Dame University (USA), and at the Albert Einstein Institute (Germany). His specific interests include accretion-disc physics, plasma physics, and numerical methods for the solution of hyperbolic equations. He is presently carrying out research at the University of Trento.
Table of Contents
Part I The Physics of Relativistic Hydrodynamics
1. A Brief Review of General Relativity
2. A Kinetic-Theory Description of Fluids
3. Relativistic Perfect Fluids
4. Linear and Nonlinear Hydrodynamical Waves
5. Reaction Fronts: Detonations and Deflagrations
6. Relativistic Non-Perfect Fluids
Part II Numerical Relativistic Hydrodynamics
7. Formulations of the Einstein-Euler Equations
8. Numerical Relativistic-Hydrodynamics: Finite-Difference Methods
9. Numerical Relativistic-Hydrodynamics: HRSC Methods
10. Numerical Relativistic-Hydrodynamics: High-Order Methods
Part III Applications of Relativistic Hydrodynamics
11. Relativistic Hydrodynamics of Non-Selfgravitating Fluids
12. Relativistic Hydrodynamics of Selfgravitating Fluids
Appendix A: Geometrized System of Units
Appendix B: Notable Thermodynamical Expressions
Appendix C: Notable Tensors
Appendix D: Common Practices in Numerical Relativistic Hydrodynamics
Appendix E: Numerical Building Blocks