Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Diana V. Edelman is an independent scholar based in the UK. Her work focuses on the history, archaeology, literature and social memory of the ancient Southern Levant, especially in the Iron Age and the Persian period.
Ehud Ben Zvi is a professor in History & Classics at the University of Alberta. He has authored or (co)-edited more than twenty volumes and written numerous essays primarily on ancient Israel, its intellectual history, social memory, historiography, and prophetic books.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Diana V. Edelman
I: Remembering Ancestors and Founders
1. The Memory of Abraham in Late Persian/Early Hellenistic Yehud/Judah, Ehud Ben Zvi
2. Remembering Jacob in the Late Persian/Early Hellenistic Era, Raik Heckl
3. Moses, the Royal Lawgiver, Thomas C. Romer
4. Exploring The Memory of Aaron in Late Persian/Early Hellenistic Period Yehud, Philippe Guillaume
5. Remembering Joshua, Axel Knauf
II: Remembering Kings (Israelite and Foreigners)
6. Saul, Hero and Villain, Philip R. Davies
7. David in Israelite Social Memory, Diana V. Edelman
8. Solomon as Cultural Memory, Niels-Peter Lemche
9. Between Realpolitiker and Hero of Faith: Memories on Hezekiah in Biblical Traditions and Beyond, Bob Becking
10. The Memory of Sennacherib in Late Persian Yehud, Russell Hobson
11. Rehabilitating Manasseh: Remembering King Manasseh in the Persian and Hellenistic Periods, Lowell Handy
12. Remembering Josiah, Joseph Blenkinsopp
13. Nebuchadnezzar: History, Memory and Myth-Making in the Persian Period, Jonathan Stokl
14. Now You See Him, Now You Don t: Nabonidus in Jewish Memory, Carol Newsom
15. Remembering Cyrus the Persian: Exploring Monarchy and Freedom in Classical Greece, Lynette Mitchell
III: Remembering Female Characters
16. Tamar, from Victim to Mother of a Dynasty, Yairah Amit
17. Ruth: The Art of Memorising Past Enemies, Ambiguously, Athalya Brenner
18. Why Remember Jezebela
IV: Remembering Prophets
19. Exploring the Memory of Moses 'The Prophet' In Late Persian/Early Hellenistic Yehud/Judah, Ehud Ben Zvi
20. Isaiah a Memorable Prophet: Why Was Isaiah so Memorable in the Late Persian/Early Hellenistic Periodsa Some Observations
21. Remembering Jeremiah in the Persian Period, Mark Leuchter
22. The Memory of Ezekiel in Postmonarchic Yehud, Christophe Nihan
V: Additional and Complementary Methodological Considerations
23. Reflections on a Cognitive Theory of Culture and a Theory of Formalised Language for Late Biblical Studies, David H. Aaron