More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 1/14/2014.
What is included with this book?
Darrin M. McMahon is the Ben Weider Professor of History at Florida State University. He is the author of Enemies of the Enlightenment: The French Counter-Enlightenment and the Making of Modernity, Happiness: A History, and Divine Fury: A History of Genius.
Samuel Moyn is James Bryce Professor of European Legal History at Columbia University. His books include Origins of the Other: Emmanuel Levinas between Revelation and Ethics and The Last Utopia: Human Rights in History.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Interim Intellectual History, Darrin M. McMahon and Samuel Moyn
1. The Return of the History of Ideas?, Darrin M. McMahon
2. Contextualism and Criticism in the History of Ideas, Peter E. Gordon
3. Does Intellectual History Exist in France?: The Chronicle of a Renaissance Foretold, Antoine Lilti
4. On Conceptual History, Jan-Werner Müller
5. Scandalous Relations: Supplementing Intellectual and Cultural History, Judith Surkis
6. Imaginary Intellectual History, Samuel Moyn
7. Has the History of the Disciplines Had Its Day?, Suzanne Marchand
8. Cosmologies Materialized: History of Science and History of Ideas, John Tresch
9. Decentering Sex: Reflections on Freud, Foucault, and Subjectivity in Intellectual History, Tracie Matysik
10. Can we see ideas? On Evocation, Experience, and Empathy, Marci Shore
11. The Space of Intellect and the Intellect of Space, John Randolph
12. The International Turn in Intellectual History, David Armitage
13. Global Intellectual History and the Indian Political, Shruti Kapila
14. Intellectual History and the Interdisciplinary Ideal, Warren Breckman