More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $7.16
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 5/1/2014.
What is included with this book?
The Oxford India Short Introductions are concise, stimulating, and accessible guides to different aspects of India. Combining authoritative analysis, new ideas, and diverse perspectives, they discuss subjects which are topical yet enduring, as also emerging areas of study and debate.
Access to information is indispensable to the functioning of any true democracy. An Indian citizen's right to information is guaranteed by Constitution of India and implicitly embedded in his right to the freedom and expression. Bringing together the major aspects of the Right to Information Act 2005, this book presents a clear and concise introduction to:
-the evolution of the Act and the various privileges conferred under it,
- the procedures involved in seeking information,
- the duties of information suppliers, and
- the kinds of information which are exempted from disclosure.
Through in-depth comparative analyses of the law in various other parts of the world, it captures the strengths and drawbacks of the RTI Act, its success stories, and suggests policy measures to improve its implementation.
Naib Sudhir, Professor, Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management, IILM Institute for Higher Education, New Delhi
Sudhir Naib is Professor, Organisational Behaviour & Human Resource Management, IILM Institute for Higher Education, New Delhi. He superannuated as Deputy Director General, DGAQA, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Table of Contents
1. Freedom of Information: A Global Perspective
2. Towards Right to Information in India
3. Right to Information Act 2005
4. Right of Information Seekers
5. Duties of Information Suppliers
6. Information Exempted from Disclosure
7. Recommendations to Improve the Implementation of Right to Information
List of Cases
List of References