More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the Reprint edition with a publication date of 5/19/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
C.B. Macpherson (deceased), late of the University of Toronto,Frank Cunningham, University of Toronto, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy and Political Science
C.B. Macpherson (1911-1987) was professor of political science at the University of Toronto. Widely regarded as Canada's pre-eminent political theorist of the twentieth century, he was the author of numerous books, including The Life and Times of Liberal Democracy, The Political Theory of Possessive Individualism: Hobbes to Locke, and The Real World of Democracy, and was named to the Order of Canada, the country's highest civilian honour.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Wynford Edition by Frank Cunningham
1. The Rise and Fall of Economic Justice
2. Problems of Human Rights in the Late Twentieth Century
3. The Prospects of Economic and Industrial Democracy
4. Liberalism as Trade-offs
5. Do We Need a Theory of the State?
6. Human Rights as Property Rights
7. Property as Means or End
8. Pluralism, Individualism, and Participation
9. The Economic Penetration of Political Theory
10. Democracy, Utopian and Scientific
11. Hobbes's Political Economy
12. Hampsher-Monk's Levellers