Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Prepare for your future career and success on the NCLEX with the only pharmacology textbook truly written for the LPN/LVN student, Roach’s Introductory Clinical Pharmacology. This proven book will help you every step of the way to master one of the most challenging content areas in the LPN/LVN curriculum. Organized by body system, the book provides a clear, concise introduction to pharmacology, focusing on basic principles and the nurse's responsibility in drug administration.
- Focus your reading and enhance your mastery of course concepts through chapter-opening Learning Objectives, Key Terms, and Drug Class lists that identify potential errors and safety concerns.
- Learn drug contraindications, precautions, and interactions through The Nursing Process framework that presents care of the patient as it relates to the drug and drug regimen, as well as Checklists of Relevant Nursing Diagnoses.
- Master important patient care concepts with Pharmacology in Practice case studies that focus on assessment, administration, or teaching issues that have an impact on a real-life patient. Chapter-ending Think Critically questions return to the patient in the case study and ask you to explore options and make clinical judgments related to the administration of drugs.
- Get a sense of real world practice through Patient Case Study scenarios threaded through each chapter that offer a “simulation-focus.”
- Quickly identify urgent nursing actions that may be required when managing a patient receiving a specific drug or drug category through Nursing Alerts.
- Prepare for NCLEX success with Build Your Knowledge (information and fact-based warm-up questions), Apply Your Knowledge (questions keyed to the actual NCLEX-PN test plan), and Alternate Format Questions.
- Access vital tools for your future career, including Drug Interaction Tables that provides at-a-glance information about the likelihood of a patient problem when multiple drugs are given and Summary Drug Tables that list drugs from the classes discussed in each chapter, including names, uses, frequent adverse reactions, and general dosing information.
- Meet the needs of specific populations at risk or needing specific drug administration considerations through practical Lifespan Considerations boxes.
- Expand your knowledge through Herbal Considerations boxes that provide information on herbs and complementary and alternative remedies that may be used by patients under their care.
- Prepare for situations that may arise during drug therapy for patients with chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension, or epilepsy, including issues of polypharmacy through Chronic Care Considerations.
- Master each chapter’s key concepts and skills through Know Your Drugs (matching questions), Calculate Medication Dosages (dosage calculation questions), and Prepare for NCLEX (NCLEX-style questions), at the end of each drug chapter.