from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Dr. Charles T. Muse, Sr . retired as the VP for Academic Affairs at Florence-Darlington Technical College in 2008 and is currently the Executive Director of the National Robotics Training Center. Dr. Muse retired from the U.S. Marine Corps at the rank of Colonel with 31 years of active and reserve duty. He has authored and co-authored over fifty articles and four text books to include The Prentice Hall Planner: A Time Management System for Student Success, Prentice Hall, 2003 and A Planner for Student Success, Pearson Publishing, 2011.
Ms. Debi McCandrew is the Department Head for Mathematics and Computer Technology at Florence-Darlington Technical College. Ms. McCandrew has earned the following awards: the South Carolina’s Technical Educator of the Year; the South Carolina Governor’s Distinguished Professor of the Year; Florence-Darlington Technical College’s faculty member of the year; Certificate of Merit from the National Academic Advising Association; and the NISOD Excellence Award for distinguished performance in teaching. Ms. McCandrew is the co-author of Roadways to Success, a student success textbook.
Dr. James C. Williamson retired from Higher Education in 2008 after 28 years. He served as President of two community colleges and held numerous other positions within the higher education community, in both public, private, two-year and four year institutions. His research interest in the area of Gerontology led him to a second career in the long-term, senior-care business. He currently serves as Chief Human Capital Officer for Agape Senior, a 1300 employee company focusing on the needs of senior adults. Dr. Williamson’s extensive higher education experience, combined with his current work in the private sector, gives him “real word perspective” with this edition. Dr. Williamson is the author of journal articles on student success, was the lead author in editions 2, 3 and 4 and is the creator of “Agape University” an on-line, interactive training facility for Agape Senior.
Table of Contents
- Connecting with Your Campus Resources: Stopping to Ask for Directions
- Goal Setting and Motivation: Mapping Your Journey
- Time Management : Planning to Reach Your Destination on Time
- Recognizing Your Potential and Building Self-Esteem: Fine-Tuning Your Vehicle:
- Information Processing and Learning Styles: Sights, Sounds, and Sensations:
- Communications: Scanning the Radio
- The Process of Note Taking: Charting Your Journey
- Learning How to Study: Driver Training
- Test-Taking Strategies: Getting Your License
- Health and Wellness—Mind, Body, Spirit: Extending Your Warranty
- Career Planning Marketability and Diversity: Reaching Your Destination