Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
Dr Philip Kay is a Supernumerary Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
List of Tables
1. Rome and its economy at the time of the Second Punic War
PART I: SOURCES OF REVENUE
2. Indemnities and booty
3. Mining revenues
4. State finance and the lex Sempronia de provincia Asia
PART II: THE ROMAN MONEY SUPPLY
5. Cashing in the plunder
6. Credit and financial intermediation
PART III: THE APPLICATION OF FUNDS
7. Investment farming and agricultural exploitation
8. Trade, capital, and interconnected markets
9. The creation of 'material complexity'
10. After the credit crunch
PART IV: QUANTIFICATION
11. Forecasting the past
Summary and conclusions
Index of Literary Sources