- New chapters on bioterrorism and community healthcare
- New chapters on microbicide regulations in the EU, USA and Canada
- Latest material on microbial resistance to microbicides
- Updated material on new and emerging technologies, focusing on special problems in hospitals, dentistry and pharmaceutical practice
- Practical advice on problems of disinfection and antiseptics in healthcare
- A systematic review of sterilization methods, with uses and advantages outlined for each
- Evaluation of disinfectants and their mechanisms of action with respect to current regulations
The differences between European and North American regulations are highlighted throughout, making this a truly global work, ideal for worldwide healthcare professionals working in infectious diseases and infection control.