The first step is to become comfortable with the Arabic alphabet and the sounds of the language. Author Dr. Hezi Brosh has developed a highly successful, simplified teaching method that has helped thousands of English speakers to speak Arabic, read Arabic, write Arabic and understand Arabic within a short period of time.
His method teaches a number of basic building blocks that are proven to work well in promoting fluency. The most important goal in learning a language is to communicate effectively—learning the basic sentence structures and vocabulary that you actually need and will use on a daily basis. Salamaat! Learning Arabic with Ease guides you in acquiring the important grammar and phrases, so you can begin to use Arabic to carry out basic tasks from greetings to daily routines.
Here are some of the book's key features:
- You learn Modern Standard Arabic, understood in all parts of the Arabic-speaking world today.
- You learn to read and write the Arabic script efficiently thanks to a method designed specifically for native English speakers.
- Special attention is given to understanding Arab culture and placing the language within its cultural context.
- A fundamental communicative approach presents each new grammar feature with an emphasis on how it can help you communicate with others.
- Exercises build listening and comprehension skills to help you absorb the fundamental sounds, meanings and sentence patterns of the language.