More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 3rd edition with a publication date of 9/14/2009.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Confusing Textbooks? Missed Lectures? Tough Test Questions? ..Fortunately for you, there's Schaum's Outlines. More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them succeed in the classroom and on exams. Schaum's is the key to faster learning and higher grades in every subject. Each Outline presents all the essential course information in an easy-to-follow, topic-by-topic format. You also get hundreds of examples, solved problems, and practice exercises to test your skills. ..This Schaum's Outline gives you:. . Practice problems with full explanations that reinforce knowledge . Coverage of the most up-to-date developments in your course field . In-depth review of practices and applications ..Fully compatible with your classroom text, Schaum's highlights all the important facts you need to know. Use Schaum's to shorten your study time-and get your best test scores!..Schaum's Outlines-Problem Solved..
Table of Contents
Schaum's Outline of Beginning Calculus, 3ed
1. Coordinate Systems on a Line
2. Coordinate Systems in a Plane
3. Graphs of Equations
4. Straight Lines
5. Intersections of Graphs
7. Functions and Their Graphs
9. Special Limits
11. The Slope of a Tangent Line
12. The Derivative
13. More on the Derivative
14. Maximum and Minimum Problems
15. The Chain Rule
16. Implicit Differentiation
17. The Mean-Value Theorem and the Sign of the Derivative
18. Rectilinear Motion and Instantaneous Velocity
19. Instantaneous Rate of Change
20. Related Rates
21. Approximation by Differentials; Newton’s Method
22. Higher-Order Derivatives
23. Applications of the Second Derivative and Graph Sketching
24. More Maximum and Minimum Problems
25. Angle Measure
26. Sine and Cosine Functions
27. Graphs and Derivatives of Sine and Cosine Functions
28. The Tangent and Other Trigonometric Functions
30. The Definite Integral
31. The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
32. Applications of Integration I: Area and Arc Length
33. Applications of Integration II: Volume
34. The Natural Logarithm
35. Exponential Functions
36. L’Hopital’s Rule: Exponential Growth and Decay
37. Inverse Trigonometric Functions
38. Integration by Parts
39. Trigonometric Integrands and Trigonometric Substitutions
40. Integration of Rational Function: The Method of Partial Fractions