More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 11th edition with a publication date of 10/10/2011.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Schaum's Outline of College Physics provides a systematic review of physics with clear and concise explanations, accompanied by numerous exercises that will allow students to work on their own, for both initial learning and review. The revised edition will include comprehensive review of vectors, Newton's laws, the laws of thermodynamics, fluids, magnetic fields, light, lenses, sound, and waves.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Vectors • 2. Uniformly Accelerated Motion • 3. Newton's Laws • 4. Equilibrium Under the Action of Concurrent Forces • 5. Equilibrium of a Rigid Body Under Coplanar Forces • 6. Work, Energy, and Power • 7. Simple Machines • 8. Impulse and Momentum • 9. Angular Motion in a Plane • 10. Rigid-Body Rotation • 11. Simple Harmonic Motion and Springs • 12. Density: Elasticity • 13. Fluids at Rest • 14. Fluids in Motion • 15. Thermal Expansion • 16. Ideal Gases • 17. Kinetic Theory • 18. Heat Quantities • 19. Transfer of Thermal Energy • 20. First Law of Thermodynamics • 21. Entropy and the Second Law • 22. Wave Motion • 23. Sound • 24. Coulomb's Law and Electric Fields • 25. Electric Potential; Capacitance • 26. Current, Resistance, and Ohm's Law • 27. Electrical Power • 28. Equivalent Resistance; Simple Circuits29. Kirchhoff's Laws • 30. Forces in Magnetic Fields • 31. Sources of Magnetic Fields • 32. Induced EMF; Magnetic Flux33. Electric Generators and Motors • 34. Inductance; R-C and R-L Time Constants • 35. Alternating Current • 36. Reflection of Light • 37. Refraction of Light • 38. Thin Lenses • 39. Optical Instruments • 40. Interference and Diffraction of Light • 41. Relativity • 42. Quantum Physics and Wave Mechanics • 43. The Hydrogen Atom • 44. Multielectron Atoms • 45. Nuclei and Radioactivity • 46. Applied Nuclear Physics